Guidelines for taking a homeopathic remedy.
- Avoid handling the remedies. Place pillules or drops directly under your tongue or if diluting further, place two drops in ¼ glass of water, stir and take ½ a teaspoon under tongue.
- If directed to do so, succuss (shake vigorously) the bottle before each dose 4-10 times as directed by your practitioner. This activates and increases the strength of the remedy slightly each time.
- Avoid food or drink at least 10 minutes before or after taking a dose of the remedy. Wait about 20 to 30 minutes before or after brushing teeth or drinking coffee to take the remedy.
- Store remedy away from direct sunlight, strong heat, electromagnetic energy (mobile phones) or essential oils. Avoid storing remedies alongside strong smelling substances such as coffee or camphor (Vicks).
- Use only one remedy at a time. If you need to use more than one, alternate the remedies at least 30 minutes apart.